Vintage Flipping: How To Price



There are many factors when it comes to pricing vintage items. 

What kind of quality is it in? How rare is it? What era is it from? The materials? 

One of the quickest and easiest things you can do, is to Google the particular item you're trying to sell and find comps on eBay and Etsy. This will give you an excellent idea of what that item is worth in today's market - versus what we think it should cost just because we have some attachment to it because it's a neat thing to sell. 

The way I price my items, to sell, is typically undercutting what I see everyone else listing said item for. This method has worked for the majority of my buying and selling career and continues to bring me happy customers whenever I have new product to showcase or sell. 

This works in my favor in two ways; 

1. My customer is getting a better deal than anywhere else and therefore the chances of me selling that item is pretty high.

2. I buy vintage at such a low cost that it doesn't make sense for me to triple or quadruple my original cost - just because I can. 

Therefore, both the customer and myself are happy. I am making money - maybe not as much as I could be, but still making a dope profit. Customer is happy they got a very cool item and typically for much less than they would have spent in a retail store, or even ordering online. 

My personal view on vintage, is that it should be accessible to everyone at every budget. It's not only for those who want to spend an arm and a leg. These items should be enjoyed and used and loved - we can only get that done if it's moved on to someone new who will appreciate it. It should be every reseller's goal, in my opinion, to make their product as accessible as possible. That should always include amazing vintage pieces that have already lasted the test of time and continue to be appealing. 

You can read more about my personal favorite thrifty finds - that also happen to be vintage - here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CLOSED - GIVEAWAY - Happy Neuter Day !!

Super Sexy Summer Twitter Party !!

$100 Target Gift Card Giveaway ! CLOSED