Back To The Roots Mushroom Growing Kit Review

 I've seen these Back to the Roots kits the last couple of years at Target, and always thought that it would be a fun experiment for the kids and I to grow our own mushrooms

Since I've recently gotten way more into plants, I thought now was the time to seize the day and grow ourselves some of the cutest mushrooms I've seen in a while. Lockdown has been an excellent time to focus on more intentional and time consuming projects. 

I didn't notice when I purchased my kit originally until I got home and checked out the box a bit more, however Back to the Roots donates 1 kit to a classroom for every kit purchased. It's called Grow One, Give One and is the most excellent idea ever. I love the idea of schoolkids getting to watch their very own mushrooms grow - and wow do they actually grow so fast!  I decided to have my donation kit sent to Dot's kindergarten teacher. I emailed to give her a heads up and she was so thrilled to hear about the kit! 

Our first set of mushrooms (you can grow 2 batches from 1 box!) ended up growing pretty well and we had a lovely amount to cook and add to our dinner that night. We ended up cooking ours in the air fryer with just a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. They were not only fun to grow, but tasted simply amazing. I would definitely recommend getting yourself a kit and watching the fun yet yummy times unfold. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CLOSED - GIVEAWAY - Happy Neuter Day !!

Super Sexy Summer Twitter Party !!

$100 Target Gift Card Giveaway ! CLOSED