Homeschooling on the Horizons

 


As of this month, we are officially homeschoolers. Our kids will start on their homeschooling ad venture with us this August. I'm leaning more towards unschooling at the moment, but what may work for one might not work for the other. I think this will be a wonderful year to learn new things together and hopefully identify what type of learners both of my kids are. 

It’s been a really arduous decision for us to make, honestly.

Until Covid hit, their dad (my coparent) and I planned on both of them attending the local public school - even taking Dot’s panhypopituitarism into account.

I feel a little pushed into this arrangement due to our particular circumstances, but I’m still idealistic and seeing this as a short-term solution for our family until an age appropriate Covid vaccine is available. 

Folks all over the world reach their children at home, we’re doing it for medical reasons. There’s a million valid reasons for every family who decide to go this route.

Who knows what life and learning looks like beyond this school year?

For now this is our family’s plan. This is life looks like for us, with our much loved medically fragile kiddo and others in our home who need protection. This is protecting my family the best way that I know how and am capable of at the moment.

I know that looks different for every single family out there. I hope that other families are able to decide what’s best for themselves and feel GOOD about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CLOSED - GIVEAWAY - Happy Neuter Day !!

Super Sexy Summer Twitter Party !!

$100 Target Gift Card Giveaway ! CLOSED