Inner Space Cavern

I overheard John’s first meeting this morning; several kids were talking about things they were going to go do, even his teacher was talking about something she was going to go do for her birthday. John asked me how come we’re not doing anything.

Our kids are very aware of the pandemic because we have not only talked to them about it, but we have followed all of the guidelines very strictly - as far as keeping them at home and not in public places needlessly or frivolously.

Definitely no restaurants for us. No indoor events. They think it’s an event to hit up Walmart at this point. That’s how locked down we’ve been.

When you have a medically fragile child, along with multiple people in the household who are susceptible to this horrendous virus Covid-19, you really do keep your bubble small. You just literally can’t afford to risk it.

On this day, we needed some frivolous fun. This Mama knows how to come through on that when it’s most needed. 

We took a little trip to Inner Space Cavern, about 15 minutes up I35 in Georgetown, Texas. 

Our group was really small, so I suggest going during the week. Everyone from the workers to the fellow patrons all wore masks. Our guide John, was very nice and knowledgeable about the cave system we were exploring, and took time out to answer any questions. 

The walk into and through the cave was much smoother and less rugged than I remember from my youth, so that was a big plus for the smaller ones in the group. Smaller children can take the basic guided walking tour with no issue. I think the youngest in our group was 2, and she did the entire think walking on her own. 

There are also many handrails included on the pathway, so that made things feel extra safe in my opinion. I always carry hand sanitizer with me, so touching the handrails were never a problem or issue for me. There were also many stops for photo ops, which I great appreciated! 

Overall, the kids had an excellent time. Us adults had a fantastic time taking them, and I feel like we learned a lot of new info about caves in the process! 

I plan on taking them back in a couple of years, just as something fun to do. We all definitely had a great time! 


This post is in no way sponsored or otherwise endorsed by Inner Space Cavern of Georgetown, Texas. We used our own money to pay for this experience and souvenirs after - and it was worth every penny! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CLOSED - GIVEAWAY - Happy Neuter Day !!

Super Sexy Summer Twitter Party !!

$100 Target Gift Card Giveaway ! CLOSED