Plants, baby. Plants.

There have always been at least a couple of house plants where I have lived, as far back as I can remember. My mom had this infamous Golden Pothos Ivy that she kept in my childhood living-room, stuck behind the big gray chain in the corner. 

I always thought it was an odd place to keep a houseplant, behind a big chair like that. Once I got older, I realized that it was one of the only places that had a window and therefore sunlight, in our small 3 window apartment. 

As I grew older, our family plant collection grew a bit, but it was mainly my father who took care of them when my mother or myself brought one home with no Earthly idea how to actually care for it. 

I didn\"t really get into plants until Covid19 hit, like many people. Probably also like many people, I was dealing with a ton of really complicated situations and emotions of my own even before Covid was in the US. 

A lot has changed over the past year, and one of these things is that plants have become a much larger part of my life than ever before. You honestly don’t need to know jack shit about plants to get started. 

I fact, I started by thinning out the very large collection of Blue Elf Aloe that my dad had babied and taken care of for the last approximately 6 years. I originally brought one small Blue Elf Aloe home, which was about 6" tall, and it grew into this massive collection of big bois, teens and babies. 


I had about a dozen or more smaller plants, and several what I called "teenage" aloes leftover. I ultimately ended up giving those dozen babies away on local Facebook groups for giving and receiving free things. There were many happy takers of the smaller ones, which I was very happy about. I even donated a couple of the teen aloes to two local teachers for their classrooms and gardens. 

I thought I\"d plant the rest of the teens in the front yard to give them some space to grow into big aloes one day. When we moved into this house, there was a giant patch of dirt below the front porch where I think maybe bushes once were. What was left for us, was a long bare patch of dirt, in an otherwise fairly manicured lawn. 


What I was left with, besides tiredness and soreness from my front yard escapades, was this: 


An almost perfect row of Blue Elf Aloe teens lining the front of my porch. I\"m hoping that with time, they will fill out and become a large aloe hedge of sorts. They\"re great for our area here in Texas. We don\"t get much rainfall. I was worried about about them making it through the winter of 2020-2021, but so far, I have not weatherized them at all this year while they\"re in the ground, and they\"re still thriving and seem to be doing fantastic! 

More plant updates coming your way! In the meantime, I\"d love to know what Covid Hobbies everyone else has gotten up to over the last year? 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CLOSED - GIVEAWAY - Happy Neuter Day !!

Super Sexy Summer Twitter Party !!

$100 Target Gift Card Giveaway ! CLOSED