Tiny Changes

The most delicious cake my BFF made for my 33rd birthday.

Let's talk about weight for a minute. I've been overweight or "chubby" as long as I can remember. Definitely since the age of 6 or so, my weight has always been a struggle.

The older I get and the more babies I have, I'm starting to realize how important it is for me to not only set a good example for my kiddos, but to focus a bit more on treating my body better so it'll last for the many wonderful years I hopefully have in store with my family.

We all know that it's important to stay on the ball health wise as we age. It's just not so easy to lose weight, or reverse the damage we do.

The fact is that I had to lose about 30 pounds to get pregnant with Johnny. We tried for a baby for 4.5 years with no success. I lost 30 pounds due to an illness, and we were pregnant within 6 months. Of course I gained about 30 pounds while pregnant with Johnny, then when he was 9 months old we got pregnant with Dottie.

My body has physically been through a lot in the last 3-4 years between two kids and stresses of daily life.



I've never had any major issues otherwise with my health. I see my doctor yearly for physicals. I'm a bit obsessed with thorough blood work at least once a year, mainly because I'm worried that I'll eventually manifest one of the diseases my mom has. High blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol.

Fortunately for me, my test results thus far, have always been normal.

That doesn't mean that I don't need to lose a little weight. Because I do. I don't have a certain number I'd like to get to, although I usually feel really good around 180.

I can't diet. I just don't have the willpower. But what I can do is drink less Dr. Pepper - I know, blasphemy. Seriously though, I don't need 2 or 3 a day. The past month I've been drinking way more water and way less soda.

Because let's be honest - I'm going to eat what I want (although more reasonable portions), there's no way I'm going to cut out the foods that I love.

Luckily, since I've stopped drinking so much soda, I'm down 10 pounds. It's a small change, but I'll take it!

What small changes have you made to lead a healthier lifestyle ?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CLOSED - GIVEAWAY - Happy Neuter Day !!

Super Sexy Summer Twitter Party !!

$100 Target Gift Card Giveaway ! CLOSED