Mama Gangs



When Dorothy was born and had so many health issues, besides my husband, the biggest support system I had was fellow moms. One of my fellow blogging mamas made a meal calendar and other moms volunteered to make or buy and bring us meals. It was so thoughtful and comforting to know that there were people out there who were concerned for us enough to not only reach out, but to take time out of their day to do something like that for our family.

I had moms that I'd only met through Instagram, never in real life, send Dorothy and myself care packages. A $50 Starbucks gift card for me and a handmade knitted winter hat for our Dottie girl. As simple as these gestures may be, they meant the world to me. They made me feel like I wasn't alone. They made me feel, to my core, that even if these other moms had never been through exactly what we were going through, they felt my pain and wanted to help in some capacity.

I'll never forget the encouragement from fellow moms. These moms made me feel like they understood how hard and long the road was going to be. And they were there for me, and are still there for me. Celebrating every small victory, and there are many. Letting me know that they're still there with every small bump in the road, of which there are also many.

That's why when I was approached by Paula of PunkyMoms.com to write a few sentences on Mama Gangs, I couldn't possibly turn her down. With all of my Mama Gang experience, I was excited and honored that she'd ask me. Please check out her article Support Your Local Mama Gang Today; 22 Inspirational Women Doing Good Work.

Popular posts from this blog

CLOSED - GIVEAWAY - Happy Neuter Day !!

Super Sexy Summer Twitter Party !!

$100 Target Gift Card Giveaway ! CLOSED