Giving Thanks

I know it's a day late, but I was busy spending quality time with the family yesterday to post. I certainly do hope that everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving, however that looks for you. 

For myself, I spent the morning with Dottie on my back in the Ergo carrier, in the kitchen helping my mom cook and prep for Thanksgiving. And because it is tradition at our house, we also watched the Macy's day parade and then the dog show afterwards on TV.

We all ate way too much turkey and stuffing, rolls and mashed potatoes, but I can tell you that no one laid down for a nap that afternoon with an empty tummy! 

So on to sharing what I'm thankful for.


I am so thankful for this handsome little fella. I just think he's a beautiful child inside and out and I'm so excited to see what the future holds for him. Christmas this year will be a really big deal because now he's 2 1/2, and he certainly has his preferences as far as the things that he likes. Darth Vader seems to be this week's favorite. He's also really into transformers, so I think will definitely have to get some of those for his Christmas stocking. 

I'm also thankful because this Christmas, we will be going to pick up my Uncle Jay, and he will be coming to spend a few days with us at our house for Christmas. Typically every year we would go down to see my grandmother and uncle, but since my grandmother passed away last year, he is his own for holidays more times than not – that makes me really sad. I wish he lived a lot closer so he could spend a lot more time around the babies, he really is so great with them. But, if nothing else he will be with us for Christmas and I'm very thankful for that.


And of course, who could forget this little girl? This time last year her daddy and I were visiting her in the hospital. She still has a feeding tube and was still confined to a hospital bed for most of her days. Last Thanksgiving we ate lunch with the whole family, then her dad and I went to the hospital and I decorated her hospital room with Christmas decorations and a Christmas tree, while her dad he held her and talk to her and let her nap in his lap. I'm so happy that she has come so far in the last year. She's eating Mills on her own, crawling in cruising anywhere and everywhere she dares, making messes like a typical baby her age should be. And most of all I'm so thankful that her health has gotten so much better. It certainly has been an exhaustive and intense last year, but it's just things that once you get through it – you're so much stronger and braver in the and then you ever thought possible.

Even though it may sound a bit cheesy, I'm very thankful for all of the bumps in the road that we've had in the last year or so. It has shown me that love really does conquer all because you're willing to do whatever it takes to make sure that everyone's taking care of and happy. It just goes to show that some of the things that you think will break you, really do only make you stronger. 

And I am thankful for all of you. All of the people who sent me good thoughts during all of this last year, all of the prayers that have been given to us, all of the people who contributed to Dorothy's medical bills. I was raised to appreciate the things that people do for me. I was always told that people do things for you out of the kindness of their heart, because they want to. And I truly believe that and I truly, truly am thankful for everything. There are no words for how supportive everyone has been.  Just knowing there are people out there who love my babies and care about myself and my husband – it means so much to our family. 



 


 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CLOSED - GIVEAWAY - Happy Neuter Day !!

Super Sexy Summer Twitter Party !!

$100 Target Gift Card Giveaway ! CLOSED