Dear Dorothy,

Having you home this last month has been one of the most difficult and rewarding times in my life. Juggling you, your laundry, the ever-growing list of daily duties has been a real struggle for this stay-at-home mama. It's also been kind of a challenge to balance time between taking care of you and spending time with your big brother Johnny.


Seeing how much Johnny adores you, and how you smile at him anytime he is near, and how he brings you his binkies and toys when you're crying because someone's changing your diapers or cleaning your G-tube, fills this little mama's heart with joy!

 We are literally supposed to hear back today about your private duty nursing. 
I certainly hope that we can get a little bit of help, because I think it'll help mom balance life a little bit better, and probably have a better attitude on those really rough days.

Your last remaining great grandparent, Granny B would really love to meet you so hopefully we can take you on your first road trip in the next couple of months when the weather is a bit better. 

I know you and I will have a sometimes difficult lifelong journey together, but I couldn't be happier and more pleased to have you as my daughter, you make my world so much brighter.

We all love you so much and are so happy that you're home with all of us! 



 

Comments

Kathy Bradshaw said…
Sweet letter, I cried happy tears.
StarTraci said…
A beautiful letter of love. You are so strong and you have carried yourself so amazingly through all of the hard days, at home and in the hospital. I know that soon the good days will outnumber the bad and your family of four will be on a balanced path.
<3
Traci
April B. said…
Thank you so much for your comment! My life has been pretty consumed lately with medical stuffs, but I am excited to be able to relax a bit and strike a better (more healthy) balance!
Amber said…
Love this

Popular posts from this blog

CLOSED - GIVEAWAY - Happy Neuter Day !!

Super Sexy Summer Twitter Party !!

$100 Target Gift Card Giveaway ! CLOSED