Sunday, April 27, 2014

Buda TX Dachshund Races and Country Fair



The Buda Lions Club held their annual Dachshund Races and Country Fair to raise funds this last weekend of April, the 26th & 27th at the Buda City Park. This weekend was also a cook off for people who wanted to barbecue or make chili and a bake-off for all of those bakers out there.

I entered the bake off with a peach cobbler and also brought one for the auction. Although I didn't place with my recipe, my peach cobbler that was auctioned off brought $15! 





There were cute dachshunds, all perfectly behaved, and a few other dogs were brought to. Tons of booths to satisfy all of your dachshund needs, such as doormats,T-shirts, toys,and there were even a few booths so you could apply to adopt a dachshund, which I thought was great. 



This event is an excellent chance for the whole family to get out and have some fun while donating to a great cause. 

For more information on the Buda Lions Club and all that they do, please visit their website at http://www.budalions.com 

1 comment:

Lani @ Elle Dee Designs said...

So fun! I have always wanted to go and watch!