Super Yummy Soft Sugar Cookies


I made Soft Sugar Cookies to take down to Mexia with us for our super early Christmas celebrations with Uncle Jay, Granny, Great Uncle Willie, Hubs, Mom, Myself & Sailor. WHEW ! That was a lot of names to type, yo !! 

Anyway, I woke up Thursday & decided I needed to bake some homemade goodies to take with us Friday. I baked a generic box of brownies (which I never really heard anything else about). And these Soft Sugar Cookies. EVERYONE went mad over those darn cookies, so I thought I'd share the recipe with anyone who wants it. 

I just Googled & found it, so there's a ton more out there, but my whole family sure seemed to enjoy these. 


Original Recipe Yield 4 1/2 dozen

Ingredients

  • 2/3 cup shortening
  • 2/3 cup butter
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar for decoration

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt, stir into the creamed mixture until dough comes together. Roll dough into walnut sized balls and roll the balls in sugar. Place them on an unprepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
  3. Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until bottom is light brown. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.

Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving  Calories: 227 | Total Fat: 11.3g | Cholesterol: 31mg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CLOSED - GIVEAWAY - Happy Neuter Day !!

Super Sexy Summer Twitter Party !!

$100 Target Gift Card Giveaway ! CLOSED