Since I've lived in Austin since I was 13, I thought I'd make a handy top 10 list of things you should know about this awesomely weird city.
1. Austinites typically don't use their blinkers.
2. It's pretty much impossible to walk into ANY Walgreens, Walmart or Target and NOT see Longhorn merch.
3. Yes, we do call ourselves "Austinites", as in the third person :)
4. Austin is the "Live Music Capital Of The World"
5. Austin was rated #1 by Forbes.com in 2008 as being the drunkest city.
6. “Keep Austin Weird” is Austin's motto.
7. Austin hosts an annual Austin Film Festival.
8. Austin is home to The University of Texas.
9. Austin is the 35th-largest metropolitan area in the United States.
10. Dell is headquartered here.